Monday, April 7, 2008

Cool Experiment

Spring Break ended :( So now I'm back on normal schedule, meaning I'm starting to blog again.

So over the break, I went camping with my family and some friends (more on that on a later post). We bought two of those big candles that repel insects because of the possible mosquito problems. They worked quite well till it rained and the electricity went out. Due to the fact we don't like the dark (little brother), we put the candles under an umbrella.

Later, I went to take a shower, brush my teeth etc. and when I got back, I heard this strange cackling sound. It's almost as if something is frying in a pan. I looked around for possible source of this outer-worldly noise.

It happened to be the candle.

The fire in the candle was not a fire, but rather a conflagration engulfing the now flimsy looking metal container. When I looked in, there were little black stuff floating on the melted wax. I quickly recognized that as the paper we had to put in to light up the candle in the rain. Still, the source of the noise could not be found as the other candle had paper in it too, but the other one acted like a candle should, quiet and peaceful.

Under closer scrutiny, I saw this little frog-like black blob bobbing up and down.

For now, my opinion on what happened in the candle was that a frog accidentally jumped in and stayed too long.

-runiteking1

Got comments? Post them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment