Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ubiquity

In an effort by Mozilla to connect the web and its user-interface, they have introduced Ubiquity for Firefox some one and a half months ago. After using it for a bit, I've decided on one thing: that it's awesome...

Here's basically what it is:


Ubiquity for Firefox from Aza Raskin on Vimeo.

This video explained it much better than I could using my screencasting software.

A couple of notes though, the "add-to-calendar" command didn't work for me at first. I had to subscribe to a new sets of command to make Google Calendar sync to Ubiquity. Also, for the Mac users out there, one of the dependencies of Ubiquity is Growl, the notification updater(?), which can be easily downloaded and installed here. No need to install anything except for Firefox in Windows.

Since the launch, there have been literally thousands of command floating around in "the herd." They're easily installed by clicking on the links and agreeing to let Firefox to use the code. Some of the most I use is:

The syntax highlight is quite useful during my AP computer science sessions and the various search tools are phenomanal...

Try it out here:
(Firefox Extension)
https://people.mozilla.com/~avarma/ubiquity-0.1.1.xpi

-runiteking1

Got comments? Post them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment