Saturday, December 20, 2008

Long Time No Post...

So... it has been 10 days since I posted.

Through that time, I've been working on Arch Linux as Ubuntu was feeling a bit too easy.

It was a fun install.... the install process actually went pretty well. The installation is incredibly well documented and I had no problem at all. Also, the installation took what feels like 20 minutes, incredibly fast compared to the hour it took to install Ubuntu.

The major hold up on what I would deem a "quick" instal would be the fact that Xorg took forever to set up. Somehow, the auto installer just didn't recognize that my integrated Intel card needs an Intel driver, not the Vesa one. It took forever to edit the cursed Xorg.conf file to get it to work but it finally worked.

Instead of going to a typical DE like Gnome or KDE, I decided to go towards a minimal approach with Openbox. Installation was fast with Pacman and everything went perfectly. Now my desktop is quite snappy and pretty awesome looking...

I promise to post more....

Screenshot (Christmas stuff added for privacy):



-runiteking1

Got comments? Post them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment